Upon finally getting a dog, some thoughts:
- There is nothing like a dog to exercise a dog.
- Few things are less welcome than unsolicited dog advice.
- If you are mad at a/your dog, you’ve forgotten your dog is a dog, and only does dog things, as one ought to expect of a dog.
- There is definitely such thing as “dog envy,” in other words: people will talk shit about your dog.
- A dog is never “trained,” they are always training.
- ESA dogs are great for establishing routines: in other words, if you’re so depressed you aren’t going to get up in order to take care of your dog, you need medication.
- “Come” is the most important command by far.